Algae is the platform that democratizes access to real estate investment opportunities, through the blockchain.
Are you a CTO passionate about Blockchain, De-Fi, and smart contracts, with an additional interest in real estate?
Supported by the Schoolab incubator, our goal is to become the leading digital application specializing in the tokenization of the real estate sector through a system of fractional tokens. We are looking for a senior technical leader who has blockchain and scaling experience. You will be responsible for developing our platform from scratch and monitoring the company’s technology platform including websites, services, databases, wallet, and cloud infrastructure.
You will be also responsible for setting up the technology team and make the coordination with other key functions (Marketing, Operations, Finance, etc..). You must possess excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, with an ability to make very technical topics understandable to all. Lastly, but most importantly, the CTO must inspire and motivate a team of talented people to serve our customers with outstanding experiences, delivering measurable business results through technology.
- Needs to provide leadership on:
- Technology direction — Leverages experience to help the business adopt technologies that are likely to maximize benefit/cost ratio, and can think across different time horizons when providing this direction.
- Business direction — Makes decisions relative to the needs of the business (not just technology and trends) in both the short- and long-term. Capable of reconciling competing needs within the business and providing stakeholders with relevant, intelligible recommendations and decisions.
- Team direction and organization — Provides the development team with clarity on priorities, timelines, and approaches.
- Needs the ability to:
- Hit the ground running. We’re growing fast in a number of directions, so we need a self-starter who enjoys meeting new challenges and self-teaching.
- Listen to and understand the challenges and concerns of both individuals and teams. We need a CTO who is responsive and connected in order to remain agile and flexible.
- Organize and set priorities based on changing conditions. The CTO needs to be able to balance high-level needs against low-level circumstances.
- Predict likely outcomes. We don’t need an oracle, but it is crucial that the CTO be able to provide a sense of how potential choices are likely to play out in the technology and DeFi spaces (decentralized finance).
- Take risks and think outside the current paradigm. We cannot be restricted by conventional approaches as a company, and the CTO has to be at the forefront of innovation.
- Needs to provide leadership on:
The lack of qualification in one or two points from this list can be tolerated but we’re definitely looking for a full stack profile. We’re open to relevant suggestions regarding the following tech stack.
– Knowledge of Ethereum and EVM-based blockchains, smart-contract development with Solidity, Web3.js / Ethers.js framework
– Proficient with a modern web front-end technology such as React, Vue.js or Angular
– Proficient with modern backend tech such as Node.js, PHP, Ruby on Rails
– At ease with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
– At ease with AWS, DevOps, Docker
– Interest in data architecture and security
- Bilingual English and French very much desired, another language is a plus
- Financial/accounting literacy
- Strong values: freedom, adventure, excellence, thirst for learning and caring
- True independence and flexibility
- You are ultra-motivated, curious and ambitious
- Equity and open to discussion
How to apply
- Anything that reflects on your knowledge and experience in the field
- Links to your GitHub/Stack Overflow/Portfolio/something awesome you’ve built that you’re proud of
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- References for your work history
To apply, click here! (any non-personalized application, copy/pasted cover letter will not be considered)